Search
 

 More From Region

 

Tabgha

The quiet cove of Tabha on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee is the scene of many Gospel stories, including the Multiplication of Loaves and Fishes.

On this Page:

The quiet cove of Tabha on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee is the scene of many Gospel stories, including the Multiplication of Loaves and Fishes.
 
Early Christians marked the site of this miracle (Matt. 14:15-21; Mark 6:35-44; John 6:1-14) with a church containing magnificent mosaics. The small loaves and fishes mosaic, marking the place where Jesus uttered a blessing over the bread, has become a well-loved symbol of this place and the miracle.

Visitors love to take a walk along the Tabha-Capernaum promenade, built by the Tourism Ministry, to another part of the Tabha cove and the Church of Peter’s Primacy. This is the traditional site of the events of John 21 after the resurrection – Jesus cooking breakfast for the disciples, the miraculous catch of fish and Peter’s reconciliation.

 

Tabha comes from a Greek word meaning “seven springs.” One, the Spring of Job, surges into the lake a short walk eastward along the promenade.


 

 Sites & Attractions

 
The winery was established in 2000 and it produces around 1,000,000 bottles annually. T...
The winery was established in 2004 and it produces 2,500 bottles annually. This is a ho...
The winery was established in 2007 and it produces about 1,500 bottles annually. It is ...
The winery was established in 2006 and it produces fruit wines (liqueurs) from various ...
The winery was established in 2003 and it produces 7,000 bottles annually. The producti...
The winery was established in 1999 and it produces approximately 12,000 bottles annuall...
 

 Accommodations

 
​The Hotel is situated in a picturesque pastoral setting of rich green woods where one ...
​Ideally located in the center of the city, facing Nahariya's famous beach promenade an...
Guesthouse located in a basalt building at the edge of the cliff containing accommodati...
The structure was built by the Scottish Church in 1894 as a hospital. In 1959, it was t...
Christian Sites